Release the kraken…
This article breaks down all the Flutter talks happened @Google I/O 2019..
Disclaimer : This article is a long one. Please read having free mind….
This article is divided into 5 parts,
Note : 5, because there were 5 talks on Flutter….:)
Part 1 : Beyond Mobile: Material Design, Adaptable UIs, and Flutter (Google I/O’19)
- Support for Material Theming in Flutter…
Example for CardThemes and DialogThemes..
Implement the Dark Theme in Flutter using,
darkTheme : ThemeData.dark();
Customize sliders as per your usecase,
Optional labels on Bottom Navigation Bars :)…..
In-built transition for the Extended FAB, if they are present on both the screens.
New Widgets :
- Reorderable list view
3. Expanded Search Bar
5. Improved Contrast Ratios
Applicable to RadioButtons, Checkbox and Switches..Earlier 2.42 : 1
Now 7.62 : 1
6. Touch Targets defaulted to 48×48 for material buttons.
7. Test if widget passes the TextContrastRatios and TapTargetGuidelines…
8. Introducing Platform Adaption for Switches..
For more info on adaptions, https://flutter.dev/docs/resources/platform-adaptations
9. Introduction to adaptive components:
Increase the size of your text globally,
Part Two : Building for iOS with Flutter (Google I/O’19)
- Scrolling physics : Always bouncing in iOS.
- Cupertino Widgets in Flutter
For detailed info, please check out this link…
3. App demo by the presenters:
4. Fill a Cupertino-Button
Platform specific app decisions :
- Between iOS and Android:
2. Page Navigation decision :
3. Choose platform specific slider :
4. Want to interact natively with Swift or Java, yes you can using Platform or Event Channels…
One such package was demonstrated, path_provider.
Part Three : Beyond Mobile: Building Flutter Apps for iOS, Android, Chrome OS, and Web (Google I/O’19)
Src code : https://github.com/2d-inc/developer_quest
Apps running on Web, Developer Quest by 2-Dimensions
- Listen to keyboard events on Web, using RawKeyboardListener
2. Listen for mouse hover events using Listener
3. Hands on with Flutter Web — Technical Preview
Framework for Flutter Web
All the flutter web widgets are currently under
It will be eventually merged under package:flutter,……
Hot-reload not present in web, but hot-restart is..
Page auto-responsive in flutter web and routes are taken care by flutter 🙂
Widget Inspector present for Flutter Web…
Part Four : Dart: Productive, Fast, Multi-Platform — Pick 3 (Google I/O’19)
If you want to your class to accept any data type , see below :
— — Always wanted this sample :p
How to pass data to this generic class,:
Richness of Dart :
What’s New in Dart 2.3 : (Right side)
One of the Google apps using Dart -> Google AdWords…
Flutter architecture for Web :
Features Dart Team is working on :
- Non-nullable types
- Union of late init in Kotlin and lazy in Swift
- Definitive assignment analysis for uninitialized local variables
- Extension methods (getters, setters, operators)
- Foreign function interfaces for objective C, C++.
Last…..Pragmatic State Management in Flutter (Google I/O’19)
Introducing new package for state management : (Provider)
Team recommends using ChangeNotifierProvider, which implements the dispose method itself..
Tip : You can have different elements of screen reacting to different providers..
You can have multiple providers too, like
Testing providers as :